Sunday 11 September 2011

An Autumn Wreath - My first Post!!

So I have to admit and confess I have been admiring (bit of a voyeur :-) so many blogs the past year and I have been so incredibly impressed how the bloggers out there have created amazing spaces in their homes all without having to pay designer prices.  I have gotten so many ideas such as "hacking" an Ikea Rast table to now building our own bed (in the infany stages) to decorating with cloches and of course spray-painting.  So it begins, my blog about our home which my hubby and my cat live and trying to make it ours and beautiful at the same time and wow it's been a work in progress but lovin every second.

So my first post is an Autumn wreath I completed this afternoon.  There is someting about wreaths that just seem to welcome in the season.    I picked up all the supplies from Michaels including the grapevine wreat (18") plus all the florals which were all 50% off..yay!!  I have linked up to the DIY Show Off Fall Festival...go join the linky party there, post your fall DIY's and please "like" me :-)

http://thediyshowoff.blogspot.com/2011/09/diy-fall-festival.html

some purty flowers, leaves and berries to add to the wreath

The instructions called for a 24" rapevine wreath but I scored an 18" for $1.50...score!!



glue gun, glue sticks and floral wire which I actually didn't end up using


making progress....hmmm started to look christmas-ey but i guess it's a good "transition" wreath


and ta-dum!!!  I picked up some brown silk ribbon wich I may use to hang it from the door but for now I think this works to usher in Fall.  Hope you like!


No comments:

Post a Comment